Friday, May 25
Proverbs 16:3, “Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.”
“The right THEY will PRAY and help you stay above the FRAY!
This week we have dived into what it means to be a teachable, honest and encouraging friend. But the quality that truly ties the right THEY together is being YIELDED and committed to God.
In today’s world we find it easier to quit than commit. Are those closest to you committed to God with the totality of who they are – heart, soul, and mind? What is the evidence of a yielded life? Put the people in your “inner circle” through this grid:
• Regularly attends a local church.
• Continues to be obedient to God even when situations and life circumstances are challenging.
• Consistently displays the “fruit of the Spirit” found in Galatians 5:22-23.
• Respects authority figures in their lives.
• Believes in God and consistently obeys the Bible.
Now, take yourself through this same grid. What does your commitment track record show about you?
The right THEY are people of commitment.
Be the right THEY in someone else’s life. Invite them to join you this weekend at church so they can discover the power and potential of a life yielded to God!
Heavenly Father, show me where I am wavering in my commitment and am not completely yielded to you. Thank you for friends who are the right THEY in my life. Help me to be the right THEY for others, too! In Jesus’ name, Amen!